Sometimes, you just have to live life.
I love peanut butter, mostly extra crunchy, but I’ll take it in any form. This easy, no-bake pie is certainly one of the forms of peanut butter that I love the most. Too much. Actually.
You can make an Oreo chocolate pie crust for it if you want. The Pioneer Woman has a good recipe for that. Me? I take the easy way out and just buy a premade chocolate crust. I don’t think it is as sweet as the Oreo one which suits us better. Plus, I generally keep one or two of them in the freezer to have for quick and convenient use.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature* (reduced fat will work)
- 1 cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 8-ounce container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 9-ounce premade chocolate pie crust
- 1 cup roasted, salted mixed nuts, chopped, optional
- 1 cup miniature peanut butter cups, cut in half
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup premade dark chocolate fudge (or caramel) topping, heated
- Beat together sugar, cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar beating until smooth. Stir in the whipped topping and beat on low until smooth.
- Pour filling ingredients into pie shell and top with chopped nuts and peanut butter cups. (You can use all peanuts, but we prefer the mixed variety.)
- Drizzle fudge topping over all now or at serving.
- Chill several hours or over night. The pie can also be frozen. Allow it to soften slightly if frozen.
- For a smoother cut, warm a sharp knife under hot water before slicing. Repeat for each cut.
- (Immediately share with your neighbors if you can refrain from eating it all yourself. It’s that dangerous.)